Blagden Specialty Chemicals Limited
This policy explains when and why the Company collects personal information about people, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it safe and secure. By using our services as outlined below you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
We obtain information about you, when you contact us about products and services, when you make an order, when you use our website or when you register to receive one of our newsletters.
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address and other information required in order to provide that service.
The Company is committed to comply with the principles of data protection in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
· Lawful, fair and transparent – Personal data will only be collected for lawful purposes, the treatment will be fair and managed in a transparent way.
· Limited for purpose – The use of the data will be limited for the purpose it was obtained
· Data minimisation – The data retained by the Company will not be excessive.
· Retention - Personal data will only be held for as long as it is necessary to perform a service that you have requested or for which you have granted your permission, providing that no legal requirements exist to the contrary such as in the case of retention periods required by trade or tax regulations.
· Integrity and confidentiality – Operational security measures are in place to protect the information you have made available from being manipulated, lost, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are regularly reviewed.
· Accurate – The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to obtain information on all of your stored personal data, to receive, to review, and if necessary to amend or erase. To do this, please send an email to the email address indicated below:
or telephone: 01959 562000
or by writing to: Blagden Specialty Chemicals Ltd, Osprey House, Black Eagle Square, Westerham, Kent, TN16 1PA
Use of Data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The purposes we use your information for may include but not limited to:
· Set up customer or supplier accounts
· Process orders that you have submitted
· Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
· Deal with questions for products and general advice
· Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
· Notify you of changes to our services
· Send you communications that you have requested and may be of interest to you.
· Provide information about new products and services
· Process employment applications
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold certain types of information for a number of years. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and operational procedures to safeguard and secure the data.
Access to Information
The Company will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we only disclose the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. There is also a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
The Company will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so or we are required to do so by law.
As an existing Customer using our services, you agree to the updated policy and that we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think may be of interest using the email address you have provided.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications, you may select that preference. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, post, phone or text message if you have requested us not to contact you.
You may change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to improve your experience and to remember settings. The law requires that your consent is given for any cookies that are not strictly necessary for the operation of this website.
Necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of this website.
Other cookies not strictly necessary for the operation of this website