The definition of hardness has, in the past, caused misunderstandings within the paint industry. Most coatings are viscoelastic, and hence will indent to some extent. DIN 55 945 defines hardness as follows: Hardness is the resistance of a coating to a mechanical force, such as pressure, rubbing or scratching.
The Pendulum Hardness tester is very precise measurement of hardness using either a Konig or Persoz pendulum.
• Digital counter to display and record test results
• Acoustic signal to notify operator of test completion
• Selector switch to display oscillations or seconds
• Easy changeover of pendulums
• Protective cover to eliminate influence of air currents
• Compliant with ASTM D4366 and ISO 1522.
|Pendulum Hardness Test König
|Pendulum Hardness Test Persoz
|Pendulum Hardness Test König/Persoz
Product information sheet
Please contact Simon Moss for further information or to request a quote on +44 (0)1959 560818 or by Email.