The Gardner-scrub abrasion tester evaluates washability and abrasion resistance of a material. The abrasion device includes a brush, sponge, abrasive pads and others. Common applications are testing scrub resistance of interior wall paints, floor tiles, shower stalls, and furniture surfaces. The abrasion tester can examine washability of a coated surface for stain removal. Detergents and cleaning solutions can be tested and evaluated in a reproducible manner.
• Compliant with ASTM, DIN, and ISO methods with appropriate accessories
• Durable chain drive mechanism for long-term reliable operation
• Reciprocating linear motion with a constant speed over the travel distance for repeatable results
• Compact design saves on counter space
• Instrument arm holds up to 3 brush or pad holders to increase output
• User selectable scrub rate from 6 - 60 cycle/minute
• Up to 4 kg (8.8 lbs) can be applied to the instrument arm
• Stroke length (25.4cm) is adjustable upon request to 22.9 or 27.9 cm
• Optional weights for custom applications.
Download product information sheet