New additions to our Povidone range
Povidone is a useful ingredient for the health care industry acting as a disintegrant and tablet binder. Paired with iodine, it acts as an antiseptic and disinfectant.
Now available from Blagden are the following products:
- Povidone Iodine – a broad spectrum antiseptic and disinfectant
- Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium – used in anti-inflammatory and woundcare products
- Povidone (Polyvinylpyrrolidone): demonstrates high binding power, solubility in water and many organic solvents, and ability to form complexes. Used as a binder for tablets, capsules and granules as well as in film formation, stabilisation and solubilisation.
- Copovidone – soluble in water and in alcohols, it used in the health care industry as a binder, granulating agent, retarding agent and film forming agent.
- Crospovidone – used to improve tablet disintegration, stabilise suspensions and adsorb water, crospovidone is insoluble in many common solvents.
For more information, please contact Steve Dawson on 01959 560841 or email.
Back to News